Saturday, March 06, 2010

Breakfast of Champions


For most of my life I've never been a breakfast eater. Just never felt hungry in the morning...I'd wait until lunchtime and then really chow down.

All that changed for me when I started distance running. I came back from 1-2-3 hour runs seriously hungry!

My favorite food: shredded wheat with dried cranberries, blueberries, walnut chunks and nonfat milk. There's nothing like it after a super long run.

As it turns out, I read later that it's really important to eat some carbs to refuel the leg muscles as soon as possible after running. (The update is maximally fast and complete the sooner you eat, they say). It seems the desired ratio of carbs to protein and fat is just about perfect with my fav meal too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment!