Friday, March 19, 2010

My fav running trails....

I've gradually come to realize that I live in a great place for running.

If you live in a big city you have to stop and cross streets all the time. If you live in the country you may have to run on roads with no sidewalks for a while to get to any trails.

Here the weather is rarely a problem, and just a couple of miles from my house I have the Palo Alto Baylands / Mountain View Shoreline Park...filled with tons of trails and paths that I can put together to make 20mile+ runs with no retracing of my steps. And that's just one of several parks I can run to out my front door.

The photo was taken with my phone during my favorite 9 miler around the palo alto airport ...it takes me on a raised trail through the salt marshes and often the waterbirds are feeding at that hour. (they are too small to see in this photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment!