Monday, August 23, 2010

What a difference a day makes...

pelicans at mile 9
As I mentioned in my last post, I took it easy on Sunday...no running, good nights sleep.

Monday morning dawned to full sun, no fog, and I hit the trails and got in another long (21.25) mile run. You can see my burry picture (sweat on cellphone lens ..oops) of the pelicans bathing and feeding along the way.

In complete contrast to Saturday, I felt really good during this (much longer) run and speed up from 10:15 pace gradually to a 9:30 - 9:20 pace...ending the run with a 9:45 average.  That's what happens when your body is recovered and ready for more training...makes all the difference in the world.

This run did get somewhat tough the last 5 miles....but that's more because the temperatures were already up to 80+(!) and full sun shining to boot (and no shade on the baylands trails). Usually I'm running during the foggy morning....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment!