Thursday, April 07, 2011

Good to go!

Hit the brakes!
I haven't run a step since catching the cold...I probably could, but the rule "when in doubt, rest" seems to apply here.  I'm feeling pretty good now though ...ready for S2S on Sunday!

Luckily, the weather also seems to be cooperating ..the forecast for Santa Cruz is 63F/45F and partly cloudy. Perfect!

I've had barely any running since LA (maybe 15 miles total) but that just fine with me, I'm hoping for 7hrs or so...the pic shows my pacing partner that will keep me from going out too fast 8)

5 comments:

  1. You're going to do great - a nice, relaxing, easy run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you attitude and totally agree with resting when sick. I've learned over the years that missing a couple of days of training at the onset of a cold can keep us from missing more than a week later on. Good luck at the race this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that you are feeling better too :-)

    Enjoy your race!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I know I shouldn't heel strike. At this point I am doing well. I have tried to somewhat flat foot it but not too successful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on S2S!!! Someday, I'm going to do that one. This year I opted for Brazen Racing's Western Pacific Marathon the following week instead.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment!