Specific for 2011:
Finish SFM, Long Beach and Surf City to get California Dreamin' JacketDONE. Run 8 marathons in 12 months to become marathon maniac silver level.DONE...MM #4012 Run Skyline-to-the-Sea 50k Ultra as part of #2.DONE.
- Figure out how to ease the weight down ~10 lbs for PR attempts.
- Peak for fall to get new PRs in 10k (7:50 pace?) (DONE! 7:58 pace)
" " half (8:20 pace?)DONE! (Santa Cruz 2013)
" " full (sub-4 hrs)DONE! (CIM 2010, Eugene 2012)
- Run a 50 mile race.
- Run a double for MM 4 stars? (Done! 6/2013)
- Scope out a 40+ mile course around the south bay?
Run the Berlin Marathon(Done! 2012) Run the Chicago Marathon (Done! 2014)
- Run the New York Marathon
- Learn to do endurance swimming (not going well, neck flexibility is big problem)
- Learn to ocean swim
- Complete a half Ironman
- Run a 12 hour race
- Run a 24 hour race
- Run the Comrades Ultra
- Climb Mt Whitney
- Climb Kilimanjaro
- Run a relay race, e.g. hood-to-coast
- Qualify for Boston i.e. run sub-3:55 after age 60. This is the hardest of all.
- Have fun with all goals. If it feels like stress, it's not what we want.
- Less is more. Don't overtrain. Better to toe the line 5% undertrained than to be injured and a no-show.
- Run lots of races for fun, not for PRs. Take lots of pictures, talk to people and enjoy the sheer pleasure of being able to run 26.2 miles. (Doing good!)
- Listen very carefully to my body and keep it happy and uninjured. (Mostly..mixed results)
- Combine travel and racing. (Scored with Copenhagen and Berlin!)